For the first time in my life I have taken the time to compile a best-of-the-year album list. When you browse through the list you may notice that there are quite a number of indie artists among them. Most of these I discovered through Bandcamp: a website where artists can showcase and sell their music. I use Bandcamp myself too for my ambient project Crows Labyrinth. Bandcamp is a real treasure trove for discovering new music and new artists.
- David Bowie – The Next Day
- Spock’s Beard – Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep
- Yellowjackets – A Rise in the Road
- Udo Pannekeet – On
- Grey Frequency – When Do We Dream?
- Ulver with the Tromsø Chamber Orchestra – Messe I.X-VI.X
- Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused to Sing (and Other Stories)
- April Larson – Tempête
- Grey Frequency – Cold Geometry
- Microvolt – Peacedrifts
Continue reading My 25 Favorite Albums of 2013