Until recently, my favorite Twitter client for the iPad was Tweetings for iPad. It’s a great app with many features and lots of hidden options under the surface which you learn know and appreciate as you are working with the app for a longer period of time.
But! A new Twitter app for iPad saw the light of day yesterday: HootSuite for iPad. And it rocks! It looks and feels great. And best of all: it’s free!
People that are familiar already with HootSuite on the web will be right at home in the app. You’ll instantly recognize the multi-column support, which gives me the much-needed overview of important tweets as a Twitter power user.
What I love about HootSuite for iPad are the following features:
- Multi-account support for Twitter
- Facebook support (FourSquare support is there as well, but I don’t use it.)
- Having multiple columns
- Overall look and feel of the design and the use of colors for mentions and your own updates
- Very pretty conversations view to see the complete reply chain
- Inline browser pane to visit links in tweets or Facebook updates
- Message scheduling
- Real-time Twitter search
So what are you waiting for? Go and get it! 🙂
2 thoughts on “HootSuite for iPad: My New Favorite Twitter App for iPad”
Comments are closed.